Microtechnical Services was established in 1988
We provide a comprehensive range of technical histology services, a resource of practical and technical information, a comprehensive listing of tissue sections, both stained and unstained and a great range of fixatives, stains and reagents for use in microscopy for the research, educational environment and for the enthusiasts of natural history and microscopy.
Our products and services:
- A comprehensive selection of tissue sections. These can be supplied stained or unstained. For class work or personal study.
- Comprehensive ranges of fixatives and stains and reagents for use in microscopy. Economically priced to save technician time in busy laboratories.
- A tissue processing service that can meet the needs of researchers or practitioners. Bespoke service to fit your requirements.
- We can assist laboratories who have collections of tissues, blocks, or unstained slides of sections or smears that require finishing and mounting prior to reading and archiving by the referrer.
- We are well equipped for high volume slide production. We use Leica microtomes, Autostainer XL and CV5000 for coverslipping. In addition to routine Haematoxylin & Eosin staining we also carry out a wide range of special staining methods to highlight particular tissue components.